Get In Touch
- Tel: 01384 900640
- Email: email@example.com Email Us
In response to the changing governance needs of a multi-academy trust and the recent external governance review carried out across the trust, The Rivers C. of E. Academy Trust is launching its innovative and sector-leading governance structure in September 2022.
The new structure will consist of the following advocate roles at local level:
• Headteacher Advocate – to seek assurance that the head is listened to, supported and challenged
• Pupil Experience Advocate – to seek assurance that pupils are listened to, feel safe in school and are successful learners
• Community Advocate – to seek assurance that the school engages positively with its key stakeholders and local community
• Christian Distinctiveness Advocate (church schools only) – to seek assurance that the Christian vision and values are at the heart of everything that the school does
The aim of the new governance structure is to clearly define the roles and responsibilities of the different governance tiers in order to avoid duplication, strengthen communication between governance tiers and maximise the use of the skills, knowledge and expertise of everyone within the governance team. Pupils will remain at the core of all decision-making.
Trustees recognise the importance of the local voice and are committed to ensuring that the local tier contributes to the development of organisational thinking. The election of two parent/carer representatives as advocates per school will ensure that the voice of parents/carers contributes to decisions made at trust board level.
To contact our school advocates, please email the school office and mark your email for the attention of the advocate.
Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org